Most recently, Marti Gobel directed BLOOD AT THE ROOT, and will direct PRINCIPAL PRINCIPLE in our 2020-21 season. Audiences may recognize her from PERFECT MENDACITY, NO CHILD…, TWILIGHT: LOS ANGELES 1992 and THE TAMING.
Want to try your hand at making a magnificent meal of your own? Follow along with Marti’s recipe!
Marti’s Magnificent Meal
Beef Short Ribs
- 4 lb. beef short ribs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup fermented chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp. ginger
- 3 tsp. garlic
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
Vegetable Pad Thai
- 1 box pad thai noodles
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups stir fry vegetables (cook’s preference)
- Peanuts to top (if desired)
- Green onions to top (if desired)
- Toasted tofu to top (if desired)
Pad Thai Sauce
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pepper the beef short ribs on all sides.
- Add beef short ribs to crock pot and pour marinade over top.
- Cook beef short ribs for six hours on low heat (it makes the house smell great).
- Near the end of the beef’s cook time, stir fry the pad thai noodles, cabbage and vegetables together in a wok or other large pan until done.
- Cover with pad thai sauce, mix until incorporated and top with peanuts, toasted tofu or green onions.
- Serve with preferred sides, like sesame rice or sauteed broccoli.