About the Next Act Facility
Next Act’s 152-seat theatre facility in Walker's Point was created in 2011 with generous funding from many individuals and foundations. The modern production facility provides professional, accessible and affordable space for theatre, dance, music, comedy festivals, business meetings, screenings and neighborhood association gatherings. The theatre is available for 20 weeks of annual community rentals, supported by a rental subsidy fund from the Herzfeld Foundation. The facility accounts for at least 10,000 patron visits to the area, annually, enhancing the neighborhood's economic, social and cultural landscape.
Our facility once again serves as Next Act's complete work-and-play home, but with 152 seats, no pillars and dynamic tunnel-entry design, the theatre is unique and will quickly become a favorite performing arts destination. Best of all, we have preserved the intimacy that has become the lifeblood of any Next Act theatrical event. Located just over the Milwaukee River from the Third Ward, this project taps into the exciting economic development already underway in Walker's Point. Our patrons will contribute to this economic activity in the same way the Third Ward was developed 15 years ago.
The facility includes:
- a 152-seat theatre in a U-shaped style, which puts the audience up close to the action. An open-span design allows for production flexibility and excellent visibility.
- street-level access to the theatre and ample, available parking.
- exterior signage capacity and high visibility from street level.
- a lobby, concessions bar, ticket office and patron restroom facilities.
- a rehearsal hall, dressing rooms, laundry, production support areas and a green room.
- costumes, lighting and props storage.
- administrative offices.
- break room/kitchen
Special thanks to Quorum Architects, Inc., VJS Construction Services, and all those that supported this project and made it a reality.